Jessica Bowman serves as the Plant Based Products Council’s (PBPC) Executive Director, where she leads the organization’s efforts in advocating for the expanded use of renewable, plant-based materials to help guide the global economy toward a circular model.
Jessica joined PBPC in 2019 to provide the growing bioeconomy with an industry voice for both policy advocacy and education on Capitol Hill and beyond. She collaborates with PBPC members, which include early-phase startups and Fortune 500 companies, on their sustainability efforts, legislative priorities, and awareness initiatives. As an engineer and lawyer, Jessica plays a unique role in bridging the gap between today’s biobased innovations and policies that encourage their broader adoption, including legislation that supports more robust end-of-life infrastructure such as composting and recycling.
Jessica joins PBPC from the American Chemistry Council, where she served as Executive Director of the FluoroCouncil, representing the world's leading manufacturers of fluorinated chemicals (PFAS). She also previously served as Senior Director of Environmental Affairs for the Airports Council International – North America. Jessica holds a J.D. with a concentration in environmental law from University of Maryland School of Law and a B.S. in GeoEnvironmental Engineering from Penn State University.
Follow Jessica on Twitter at @jsbowman4 and connect with Jessica on LinkedIn.
In The Media
- Fast Company: Why you shouldn’t be intimidated by circularity and how your business can achieve it (Dec 23, 2022)
- The Hill: The Hill's Top Lobbyists 2022 (Dec 7, 2022)
- Farm Progress: Vilsack announces $10M for biobased products (June 29, 2022)
- Agri-Pulse: Budget, Procurement Transparency Are Points Of Concern For BioPreferred Program (June 1, 2022)
- Brownfield Ag News: Growing Biobased Products Industry Helps Support Rural Communities (Mar 1, 2022)
- Waste Dive: We must invest in compost infrastructure to match growing demand for sustainable products (Jan 5, 2022)
- Beauty Packaging Magazine: Study Shows Consumers Favor Sustainability in Products & Packaging (Jan 4, 2022)
- The Hill: The Hill's Top Lobbyists 2021 (Dec 1, 2021)
- Resource Recycling: Women in Circularity: Jessica Bowman (Nov 30, 2021)
- The Hill: Plastic may soon trump coal as climate killer in US: study (Oct 21, 2021)
- Brownfield Ag News: USDA Report: Biobased Industry Benefits Economy, Jobs, And Environment (Aug 20, 2021)